Outstanding Works of Landscape
Architecture Receive 2014 Awards
Article posted from SD METRO Daily Business Report-Dec. 10, 2014
The County Administrative Center Waterfront Park and the driving force behind its creation — County Supervisor Ron Roberts — were among honorees at the 2014 Design Awards presented by the San Diego chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
Hargreaves Associates/Schmidt Design Group won the Award of Honor for the Waterfront Park. Roberts was presented the San Diego Stewardship Award for leading the efforts to build the 16-acre park.
The awards were held Dec. 4 at the new Central Library.
Program co-chair Joy Lyndes, principal landscape architect of Coastal SAGE Landscape Architecture, called the awards “the ultimate recognition of design achievement for firms and projects in the San Diego region.”
• Spurlock Poirier won the President’s Award for the Palomar Medical Center.
• Hargreaves Associates/Schmidt Design Group won the Award of Honor for the County Administrative Center Waterfront Park.
• The Office of James Burnett won the Award of Honor for La Jolla Commons
• Estrada Land Planning won the Award of Honor for Tweet Street Linear Park
Awards of Merit
• Delorenzo International for La Mesa Cliffs Family Housing Gray Water System and WaterSmart Landscape Makeover Series.
• Deneen Powell Atelier Inc. for Tiger Trail.
• Grounded Landscape Architecture for Project Pennsylvania and Project Mozart.
• KTU+A for City Heights Urban Greening Plan, the Junipero Serra Museum Historic Landscape Assessment and Documentation, and the Main Street Promenade.
• landLAB Landscape Architecture for California State University San Marcos Student Union, and Las Colinas Detention and Reentry Facility.
• MLA Design Studio for Mesa College Student Services Center.
• Rooted in Place Landscape Architecture for Manzanita Gathering Place.
• Spurlock Poirier for the United States Courthouse Annex.
• The Office of James Burnett for Mesa College Quadrangle Master Plan, and UCSD Structural Engineering and Materials Lab
• Estrada Land Planning for Azalea Park Drought-tolerant Garden, Barrio Logan Community Entry Sign, and Chollas Creek Segment 5 Restoration Project Study.
• Rooted in Place Landscape Architecture for Barrio Logan Child Development Center.
• Sotelo Landscape Architecture for Paseo Chapultepec.